Saturday, April 11, 2009

Crochet patterns/ Kids Easter Clothes

So you would think that in this day and age that most everything would be available via the internet. Well at least I did. I had been searching for a Easter out fit patterns for my 2 girls for the last few months. I had a pattern for Ryleigh Renee (or at least I thought), but I could not find a cute skirt or dress pattern for Cierra Chante. So I ended up creating my own. It was no easy task because I had something very specific in mind. What I ended up with was not what I had pictured but I love it just the same.

I found the shrug- sweater pattern at lionbrand.com. What Cierra is wearing is a heavily modified version of their pattern. I followed the pattern for the smallest size and it ended up being this really huge thing with arm holes (and yes I tested my gauge before I started). So I just continue repeating the last row until it would sit on her without the help of pins, lol. I also added the sc to the neck line and panels as well as the button loop.


My sons vest was made from a pattern I found archived on the web. It took me a long time to find and I have no clue where I got it from but here it is . I made it about 2 months ago and at that time it was a little big ... but when he put it on for pictures ... well it was a little snug.

Ryleigh Renee's outfit was easier to find (thank goodness). But no good project goes without a challenge. While I was working on her dress ... Bernat thougt it would be a good idea to discontinue the yarn I was using to make here dress. So, when I ran out of the pink for the last 3 rows ... I was SOL. I had to continue her dress without the last 3 rows of pink or the sleeves but it works. BTW ... I found the pattern at crochetgarden.com.



These are the shoes that Ryleigh Renee is wearing in the picture above. I made these with lion brand's sparkle yarn.


Happy Easter to all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...