Friday, April 17, 2009

Hats for donation

I have always been interested in donating baby stuff to a hospital, but never really knew what to do or how to do it. I figured there was rules and hoops ... you know the standard stuff. So I wanted to join a group or organization that was already established with a hospital, but there isn't any in Cali. So here I am doing by myself and come to find out ... it is not that complicated at all.

My hope is to have 25 hats done in two weeks ( before the yarn for my next big project arrives {see below}). Here is a picture of the first two hats I made today. Wish me luck.

If you are interested in creating or donating with me please feel free to contact me.

Nicole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, after I sent you a message from the Sylver Designs Group on Ravelry, I just had to look at your projects which, in turn, sent me to your blog. I'm so glad I found you because I had never heard of the crochet garden patterns! I love them. Your work is beautiful and your children should be models - so adorable. Your blog shows what a loving mother and wife you are with your desire to make things for your children and be involved in their school (those incredible cupcakes). I look forward to seeing what you make next. See you on Ravelry!
CrackerjackKnits (Nancy)

Random me said...

I stumbled upon your blog from Ravelry.com. I started making preemie hats for infants at the NICU for a friend from another website: Two Peas in a Bucket about 3-4 weeks ago. I was able to make 30 hats for her in 2 weeks. She collected over 200 hats in total. I made 25 more hats a week later for another friend whose twins were in another NICU nearly 2 years ago - she's giving those to her NICU and this week, I'm up to 24 hats (as of this morning) and wondering "who do I give these to?"

If you're starting a group, I'd love to help - I cant stop making these things. LOL!

I'm on robynjoi@gmail.com - my name is Robyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...