Tuesday, April 21, 2009

*UPDATE* Hats for donation

I have seven hats completed and still working hard. According to the FedEx tracking system, my yarn order "should" be here on Monday. So, I have a lot of work to do if I am going to complete my goal and make at least 25 before my yarn for the girls summer dresses get here.

I have also started a group on Ravelry.com, an online community for stitchers and hookers to mix, mingle, and share. The group is called Crocheting for a Cause in Cali (Triple C for short). I created it because I have been looking for a charity organization to join that donates to hospitals and shelters. I could not find anything local so I started my own. I called a local Kaiser and asked for all the rules and regs for donating baby stuff ( I just knew there would be all this "red tape"). The volunteer cordinator simply told me ... make 'em and we'll take 'em. Suprisingly simple and just what I am going to do.

If you are interested in helping in any way, please feel free to email at NicoleCBurris@gmail.com. You can also leave a comment or if you are a ravelry member, join the group and contact me there (you don't have to donate to join). I am hoping that many will want to help, so I will keep you updated. I will probably have a day where people can me me somewhere to drop off hats or just have them ship them to me, we will see.

Well, ciao for now.

Nicole

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...