Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Look What I Did!

So after watching a Thread Banger video on making shirred fabric, I decided to give it a try. I Have wanted to learn how to do it forever. Iwanted a dress with a full skirt do I drew my own pattern out with several pieces of scrap paper taped together. I cut out my pattern and got to work. I did all the hemming and what have you, than I began the shirring. Let me just tell you ... that is a very tedious process. Here are the results ...



** sorry forgot to rotate the picture**

So as you can see, I did the shirring a little to well. It shrunk up way more than I thought it would.I measured and made this dress for myself, however, my daughter will be wearing it to school tomorrow. I will post pictures of here in it then.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...