Friday, September 18, 2009

How To:: Chocolate & Apples

Hello all.

Lat night I decied to give my kids something a little different for dessert. Usually I give them something I've baked. However, I had not finished making the donuts I was working on (more on those later). So, I decided to make Chocolate Covered Apples.

Please over look the crappy "drizzling". I was not really interested in making them all pretty and what not because the kids would not care one bit. If you did want to make them all pretty you can use a pastry bag or Ziplock bag with a small hole cut in it.

Here is what I did


You need one apple and some chocolate or candy melts ( your choice)
I didn't measure my chocolate, but the apple I used was fairly small so I think a 1/4 cup of chocolates would be more than enough.

Cut the apple into slices making sure to remove the center where the seeds live.

Melt the chocolates in a microwave safe container on the defrost setting.
Now, I figured this out from not doing it right the first time, and a tablespoon of milk to the chocolate before melting. Only add a TBSP at a time until you get the consistency you want. If you are using Candy Melts DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID!


Now, place your apples on some wax paper. Drizzle, drip, or dip your apples into the chocolate.

Place the apples into the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
Remove and enjoy.

** That the apples are covered in milk chocolate and not white ... that is because I burned the white chocolate by not adding milk. But don't tell anyone.**




Here is a side note:

I made some puffs this morning and I stuffed them with sauage. They can out really good and I thought I would just share them with you.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...