Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Baby Shower Cookie Favors

My baby sister Ronisha ( shout out) is having her first baby (my first nephew) and her shower is on Saturday. My mother asked me moths ago to make the favors for it and of course I waited until the last minute to do so.

I wanted something that I would be able to ship and that would make it in the mail. So it had to be cookies. I had never made decorated sugar cookies before and after buying the book Cookie Crafts (AWESOME book by the way), I thought it would be a piece 'o cake. . .

Well, let me say this, it wasn't really hard it was just really time consuming. I had a huge cookie cutter so I had to triple the batter to make 40 cookies. All in all, it was not a bad experience. I do plan on making more and making some for the kids to decorate for Christmas. Anywho, check them out and let me know what you think. Also, if you have made cookies like this before, feel free to give me some pointers.


As you can see, I was without a table for two days.


Looking at them after they had dried, made me realized that I needed to use more icing during the flooding technique.


All nice and packaged and ready to go all the way to San Jose, California.


I was left with 38 after a couple of cookie casualties.

Again, all of of my cookie crafters, if you have some tips, fell free to share them with me in the comments below. I know I could use them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...