Monday, November 30, 2009

My Crochet Blazer Journey - CAL


My friend Walkinonair (from ravelry) and I have decided to challenge each other and crochet this blazer together as our very own CAL (crochet - a - long). We will officially be starting tomorrow and have to be done on the 21st of Dec. I am very excited since this is the first CAL I will be participating in. Our plan is to wear them on Christmas day. We will be working in 4 parts. 5 days to work the back. 5 days to do the left front and left sleeve. 5 days to do the right front and right sleeve. And the last 5 days to do the finishing and the collar. I will be posting my progress on this project frequently so stay tuned.

To make this awesome coat, I am going to be using 6 skeins of Vanna's Choice 7 oz in Scarlett (red). That is 2040 yards of yarn. She will be using the same yarn but in green.


I finished the gauge swatch and realized that the yarn I choose it going to make the stitches pretty far apart (due the hook size I have to use). Which means the jacket may not be as warm as it could be. Oh well, I am going to use the yarn anyways. I really want a red coat and the this was they only one that had enough of the same dye lot I need for the project. Although, I must say I am considering changing the yarn ... just don't feel like making another trip to the store and my only other option would be to use Red Heart Super Saver or Simply Soft. I know that simply Soft will be worst than Vanna's Choice for this project so that is out and I really don't want to use Red Heart. I will sleep on it and decide for sure tomorrow.


If anyone else would like to participate, I would love to have you. You do not have to be a member of Raverly to participate. If you plan to, please leave a comment below letting know your name, email and the color you are using.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...