Sunday, November 29, 2009

Twisted Tilli Crochet Pattern

I am FINALLY posting one of my patterns. I have made so many things that I have wanted to post patterns for, but just never had the time to. Well, some how I have manged to find the time to do this one. It really isn't very complicated so the may have a lot to do with it. This was also my first time ever using silk yarn and I must say, I was not that impressed.


I was inspired by the stitch that I used to make Capelet Swing Cardi.



Twisted Tilli

Gauge: 2in = 4 ½ sc/dc & 4 rows (matching rows in gauge is not really that important because work can also be measured)

Needed

Yarn: 1 hank of Tilli Tomas Beaded Silk w/ Sequins or a 120 yards of any DK weight yarn

Hook: I/9 5.5mm

Yarn Needle

Stitch Markers

Pattern

Ch 26

Row 1: sc/dc in 2nd ch from hook - sk next st - *sc/dc in next st - sk next st* repeat from * across ch 1 – turn (see fig. 1 for visual of how to crochet in last stitch)

Row 2: In first st sc/dc (see fig. 2 ) sk next st – *sc/dc in next st - sk next st * repeat from * across – ch 1 turn

Row 3 – 52: Repeat row 2 – fasten off leaving enough yarn to seam to ends together

You can work row 2 for a total of 55 rows or until work measures 25 ½ inches long. To shorten, crochet fewer rows

Finishing

With wrong side facing you, turn top or work to the right side, leaving a twist in the cowl. Match the two ends together with stitch markers. With the remaining yarn or matching thread, sew the sides together making sure to keep the twist in the work. Weave in ends.


Fig. 1


Fig. 2

You Are Done.


(button are added accessory & not part of pattern)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...