Saturday, January 23, 2010

Begining of the Baby Shower Madness

I am very excited and slightly whelmed to say that ... several friends are expecting! Yay! That is always wonderful news right...!?

So... then why do I feel slightly over whelmed?

That is probably due to the fact I now have four different layettes to make by May & June. so far I have one boy and one girl to make gifts for. Not to mention the fact that I still have to make something for my cousins new baby. *sighs* I love the fact that everyone is having babies ... but it is making me have to work WAY TO HARD (lol).

Okay ... getting to the point ...

I have begun working on a blanket for Tiffany's baby. She is having a boy and is due in June. The colors for the nursery will be tan, cream, blue and green. I decided to knit her a blanket using those colors as part of the gift. Here is what I have done so far.

The Yarn

The Work


Once I finish this, I will be working on the shoes, the bear, the hat and the bib(s). I like giving a complete matching set. It just makes the gift seem more thought out and heart felt to me. I plan to start making stuff for the baby girl when I can find some natural fiber yarn that I like.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...