Saturday, January 16, 2010

Following Through With My Resolutions

Remember when I blogged about getting a SUPER AWESOME package from my swap partner last year?

Well, one of the gifts I got was a CD-Rom that teaches you how to knit. I was soooo excited to get it because I had be saying how much I wanted to learn to knit. I told everyone (in my rave group) that I was going to KNOW how to knit by the end of June 2010 and that my the end of December 2010 I will have mad at least TWO knit items. No beginner stuff like pot holders and scarfs.

So. with all of that said ... here is my first COMPLETED creation! I used Hometown USA New Orleans French Berry and size 17 needles.


don't mind the not so cute face in this pic.

I taught myself how to do the knit stitch several years ago with these books.


Here are a few things I made from them.

my sick little sad scarf

mini swatches for my "blanket" that never really happened

I really didn't take to it like I did with crocheting but now I have a new found interest and I am loving it so far.

OOOOOOOh!
and the best thing EVER ...

I convinced my hubby to learn with me ... I'll get pics soon ;)


Ciao.

Nicole

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...