Monday, April 5, 2010

MAKE IT MONDAY ~ NO BAKE Cookie Dough Truffles and Beater Blade Review

Before we begin with our regularly scheduled post, let me explain to you how I choose truffles over the cupcakes I was going to make. Like I said earlier this week, I ran out of cupcake papers. So, when the hubby went to the store I told him to grab some for me. This is what he brought home ...


Really?

I asked him why he didn't just get me some plain white ones. He said "They didn't have any."

Which translated from husband talk to plain English means ... "When I looked for them in the ONE spot that I PASSED I did not see them the first time that I GLANCED at the shelf. These were right in front of my face and did not require me to move much to grab them and toss them in the cart so this is what you get."

As you can see, he really didn't help the lack of cupcake papers situation, but just kinda made it worse. Now I have two sets of papers that I will probably never use and money wasted.


Okay ... now we will return to our regularly scheduled program.

Cookie Dough Truffles

As you can see ... I have know idea how other people who make these can make the chocolate so DARN smooth. I would love someone to tell me! Oh, and I over heated the white chocolate which make it all chunky as you can see.

This is actually a really simple recipe. All you need is ...

YOUR favorite chocolate chip recipe
just leave out the eggs!
(I imagine that you can do this with ANY cookie recipe I just have not tried it)

Extra chocolate to melt

Lets get started:

  1. Mix your cookie dough recipe according to the instructions. MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE OUT THE EGGS! If the dough is dry add 1/4c or 1/3c of milk depending on the amount of dough.
  2. Roll the dough into small balls and place them on a cookie sheet covered with wax or parchment paper.
  3. Refrigerate them for 30-40 minutes or until firm. You can put them in the freezer to speed things up.
  4. Melt your dipping chocolate once the dough is firm.
  5. Dip and place back onto a covered cookie sheet or into mini baking cups.
  6. Place them back into the refrigerator until firm.
  7. Enjoy.

I split my dough into 3 batches. One without chips, one with chocolate chips and the other with white chocolate chips. It was easier to roll the dough without the chips in it and it tasted batter to me as well. But if you are a huge chocolate fan (unlike myself) the chips in the dough will probably be more to your liking.

BEATER BLADE


I am sad to report that I was not impressed. While it did a great job on mixing the dough around the bottom of the bowl, it did not do well on the sides. It also hold a lot of dough on the blade. Way more the original mixing blade. I am going to give it another go with some cake batter but as of now ... I wouldn't really recommend it.



Photobucket





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...