Monday, April 26, 2010

MAKE IT MONDAY ~ Sweet Strawberry Topped Pound Cake

For today's Make It Monday, I had planned a very different post. However, since we painted my son's room yesterday, I didn't have a chance to write it up. I was so tired by 5pm I didn't want to do anything but crochet in my bed and watch a movie.

So... I will share the recipe for my Nana's pound cake. I used it to make my hubby's birthday cake this year. Topped with summer strawberries and whipped cream ... it is a great treat.

Nana's Pound Cake topped with Sweet Strawberries

  • 1 cup of softened unsalted butter (two sticks)
  • 3 cups of sugar
  • 6 room temp eggs
  • 1 cup of sour cream
  • 1/4 tsp of baking soda
  • 3 cups of sifted flour*
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
* sift flour before and after measuring.

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease/flour bunt pan
  2. In a separate mixing bowl sift baking soda and flour together and set side
  3. Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl until white and fluffy
  4. Mix in sour sour cream
  5. Add eggs to mixture one at a time insuring that each egg is mixed in well
  6. With mixer on low, slowly add flour a little at a time mixing until just combined
  7. Bake on middle rack for 50 minutes to an hour depending on oven
  8. Cool in pan for 10 minutes than transfer to cooling rack to cool completely

Sweet Strawberries

  • 1 basket of strawberries
  • 1/2 of sugar
  1. Clean strawberries and remove the green tops (I don't know what they are called)
  2. Slice them them length wise and put into a non metal mixing bowl
  3. Add sugar and stir until all of them are covered
  4. Cover the bowl and place into refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or until there is enough "sauce" for your liking


Cut a slice of cake, top it with strawberries and whipped cream and enjoy.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...