Monday, April 12, 2010

MAKE IT MONDAYS ~ Cupcake Pebbles Cupcake Treats



I just could not resist making these!

Using these crazy things.
I seen and ad for them and RedBook and went right out and got the stuff to make them. They are very easy and super fast. They take about 10-20 minutes to make. The time depends on how elaborate you decorate them.


Here is what you need:

  • A box of Cupcake Pebbles
  • 1 bag of mini marshmallows
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • Icing of your choice

Here is how they say to do it:

Microwave the butter in a large bowl until melted.

Add marshmallows and mix to coat.

Microwave again until marshmallows are melted stirring occasionally.

Add cereal and mix well.

Lightly grease a cupcake pan and press the mixture into the cups.
Let cool.

Remove from pan and decorate.


Now ... if you are like me and your microwave is on the small side ... you can make it on the stove.

Here are the things I did different:

Melt the butter in a large NON STICK POT *seriously, make sure it is non stick ... you will thank me at clean up time.
Add the marshmallows and cook until melted Remove from heat Add the cereal and mix completely



If you want your "cupcakes to be in baking cups, you can put them in them before you ice them.

*DIDN'T I TAKE SOME AWESOME PICS THIS WEEK!


I think they are delicious without frosting. The frosting is just to sweet for me my kids didn't seem to have a problem with it of course. They are super easy, super fast and would be great when you are pinched for time.

And of course I had to try it as an actual cereal. Which I did not like. It just did not work for me.

Try them and enjoy. If you make some send me pics ... I would love to see.


Photobucket


Next Weeks MAKE IT MONDAY Preview:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...