Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dress #3 ~ Blossoming Beauty Toddler Version

I am now on dress #3. I started it Wednesday night while watching Glee and V on Hulu.com with the hubby. Working on this version makes me realize why I didn't like the last one ... it was to dang big for the small yarn. LOL. Honestly, I think it was more me than the pattern. I have never worked on anything that big with yarn that small and it was taking longer than most things I crochet. So I was not getting the instant gratification I desire. I am still glad I stuck it out. This one will be a breeze and I look forward to it.

As you can see this one is progressing nicely. But I must say ... I am VERY unhappy with this yarn. EVERY single ball of orange that I have used has had at LEAST 2 knots in it. Sometimes more! Even in Cierra's dress. I like the way it feels as well as the drape ... but I am very disappointed in it. Has anyone else that has used this yarn find the same to be true for them?




Photobucket

2 comments:

EntwinedEssentials said...

What kind of yarn is it Nicole? Everytime I've seen it, it looks like thread to me. I've been thinking you're insane to make 3 dresses out of that stuff! But, your end results have been AMAZING! They really are gorgeous!

Nicole ~ The Diva said...

It actually is Crochet Thread. It is by DMC and it is a size 3 made of 100% cotton.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...