Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

That's right, it is that time of year again. The time when we all stop and thank the women in our lives who have made us who we are today. There have been many fabulous women who have shaped me though the years ... but the 3 most consistent women have been ...

My grandmother Francoise Finney
She is the beautiful women who taught me how to crochet. She was also the women behind my desire to be "lady like". I remember always thinking that she was so proper and graceful growing up. I never seen here eat anything with her hands ... she ate PIZZA with a knife and fork. LOL. This is the first Mother's Day without her and she is definitely missed.


My grandmother Rosie Lollis
I owe my over all craftiness to her. There was NOTHING this women could not make, bake, or throw together at a moments notice. She did it all ... literally. I remember spending so many weekends at the craft and fabric stores with her. It's no wonder they feel like a second home to me. Without her I wouldn't be able to take a bunch of NOTHING and make it into something FABULOUS!


and to the most important women of all ...


My mother Ghislaine Francoise Staden
Without her, I would not be here. My mother is the strongest women I know. She had me at a very young age then followed it up with 3 more kids. She has had a few struggles but manged to make it. She is a super successful business owner and a great mother. I owe her for my BEAUTY =0), my determination, my strength, and my anal retentiveness (lol). She is the women who got up EVERY dang Saturday morning at the butt crack of dawn to make everyone clean and already CLEAN house. Although, I hated it and never understood it then ... I sooo get it now. I took me having a HOUSE of my own to finally understand the crazy. Now, I have become the crazy in my house.

My mother and I may not always see eye to eye on things, but I know now, being a mom and all, that she was right about a lot of things. And me being the stubborn woman I am (another gift from her) I will only admit it on days like this.



and to my sister Ronisha (in the middle)
This is your first REAL Mother's Day as a mom. I hope you have been listening to all the advice. Because some of it may not fit your life now, but I promise you ... the words will be very valuabe to you in the future. You are doing a great job so far and I am proud of you.


To all the mother of the world and especially mine ...

I often contemplate my childhood, Mom.
I am a mother now, and so I know
Hard work is mixed together with the fun;
You learned that when you raised me long ago.
I think of all the things you gave to me:
Sacrifice, devotion, love and tears,
Your heart, your mind, your energy and soul--
All these you spent on me throughout the years.
You loved me with a never-failing love
You gave me strength and sweet security,
And then you did the hardest thing of all:
You let me separate and set me free.
Every day, I try my best to be
A mother like the mom you were to me.
By Joanna Fuchs


Happy Mother's Day

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...