- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 beaten large egg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 cups frozen or fresh Blueberries
1. Grease or line (with baking cups) muffin pan.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
3. In another bowl combine egg, milk, and oil.
4. Add liquid mix to flour mix and STIR WITH A SPOON just until batter is moistened.
5. Fold in blueberries just until combined.
6. Fill cups 2/3 full and bake for 18 minutes.
7. Cool muffins in pan on cooling rack for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
The original recipe that I used only had 1/3 cup of sugar which made the muffins bland. I added a glaze to sweeten them up (see picture) some and that made all the difference. Here is the glaze recipe...
makes enough for a double batch
1 cup powder sugar
1/3 cup of milk
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
Mix together until well blended. Spoon over muffins.
Hope you enjoy.