Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Wrap Re-Make

I finished this thing two weekends ago. But I never had a chance to post it because my youngest got sick.

Anywho. I decided not to use the Vanna’s Choice that I bought from Wal-Mart because it was just to thick for what I wanted. Living in BR …. the heat would have killed me if I made it with that. So I went with the slightly thinner Simply Soft.

This is the first thing I have ever blocked and I must say it is much easier than I thought and gives fabulous results. I think this will look much better than my previous two wraps.

I did not match gauge (off by a 1in to 1 1/2in on the each side). I also only did 3 rows of 5 motifs each and I have still manged to make it a little bigger than I planned. I wanted it to be slightly smaller because I want to add the ribbed band around the arms like the original.

At this point all I have to do now is seam the sleeves and add the ribbing.I will probably finish it some time this week but we will see how things go.


Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...