The summer is here again. That means cute dresses, flip flops, shorts, sand and sun screen. But then it also means ...
Well, you are in luck because I am dedicating the month of June to just that. A whole month of ideas to entertain your kids (and MINE). I'm calling it ...
Keep Your Sanity Craft Month
2. Beat with a whisk until smooth.
3. Heat the mixture over medium heat. When it starts to warm up SLOWLY stir in (with the whisk) the hot water.
4. Continue to stirring over heat until the mixture boils and starts to thicken.
5. Remove from heat and beat until smooth and thick.
6. Divide the mixture into those baby food jars or whatever other container with a lid you will be using. Add the food coloring. I used 10 drops of each color that I used. Feel free to use more or less to get the colors you want.
7. Stir and enjoy.
This stuff does not smell the best. It does not stink but it also does not have a very appealing smell. It will not attract bugs and critters. I was planning on making the paint out of pudding but was concerned about the paintings attracting things to it. It does not spoil as far as I can tell. I made my batch 3 weeks ago and the kids have used it 3 or for times. You do have to stir it before each use. For some reason it kind of separates a bit, but a good stir and it is good as new.
Here are my rugrats enjoying their new paints
As you can see, even the wee ones can finally get into the painting action without fear of them eating it and getting sick.