Friday, June 18, 2010

My Beautiful Cloche

Sorry for not posting a tips and tricks yesterday. I didn't realize it was Thursday until today when my oldest reminded me to pick up some pizza for Pizza Fridays. I've been very busy putting together my swap partner's birthday box. I've made some really cool stuff to go in there and I can NOT wait to show you guys. I have not posted anything yet because I don't know if she reads my blog or not and I want everything she gets to be a surprise.

But lets move on to point of this post...

My Hat...

I started with this. Big isn't it.


I felted it and got this. This was my first time felting something and I am PROUD and impressed.

And I ended up with this ...
Beautiful isn't it? I really love it. Due to the EXTREME heat in Louisiana, I have to wait until the winter to wear it. I think that will give me enough time to whip up a matching outfit.

The pattern is from Crochet Today! Mar/Apr 2010. Here is what the original looked like.

click the picture to go to Crochet Today! project page.

I like the felted feather, but I just could NOT see myself spending money on a whole skein of yarn to use less than a 1/4 of it. I plan on making more in different colors, but I have a lot of other patterns that I plan to do too. So we will see how it works out.



Photobucket

3 comments:

EntwinedEssentials said...

That is very very pretty, nice job!

Nicole ~ The Diva said...

Thanks so much. They are very easy to do.

Nicole ~ The Diva said...

Thanks so much. They are very easy to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...