Friday, July 30, 2010

The Knit Hat

I just finished the hat. Not the way I was suppose to but I finished it.



Here is what happened. I finished the body and the proper decreases. Than the pattern said to purl until there are 3 stitches left on the needles. Sounds easy right? So, off I went to purl the hat closed. After two rows I realized it was not going to be that easy. The hat was now to small to fit across the needles. AHHH!

I logged on to Ravelery and asked for help. That is when I found out I was suppose to use DPN (double pointed needles). RIGHT! I don't have those ... What do I do now? Than someone else suggested magic loop. I looked it up and it seemed easy to do but I decied to save something new for a swatch. I did not want to run the risk of messing up this hat because I do not know how to fix it.

Rather than wait to buy some DPNs  or try something new I just weaved some yarn into the loops and pulled it closed. HAT DONE!

I am kinda sad because I did make it for the hubby but the hat measurements are not long enough for his head. So it is going to my son. I finished it and it is not a fail and I am very happy about that.

1 comment:

EntwinedEssentials said...

Bummer about not finishing it the way you would have liked but I think it looks great! Nice job!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...