Monday, July 5, 2010

MAKE IT MONDAY ~ Sprinkles/Sanding Sugar



Do you remember when I posted about the glass shakers I bought at Michaels? Well, here is what we are going to do with them.

It is very easy to do and takes about 10 minutes to make and 15-20 minutes to dry depending on how many colors you do. I did a little test while making these as well. I made two colors out of the liquid colors and two out of the gel colors. We will see which worked best. Oh and I am trying something new with my post. Let me know if you like it or not.

What you need:

1 cup of sugar for each color

Liquid/Gel food coloring
Ziploc bags
(any size will do they just need to seal closed)

Large cookie sheet or platter

Storage containers


What to do:














You can use this in and on everything. From decorating cupcakes to sweetening oatmeal to give the kids a nice "colored" surprise. If you want something more "sprinkle" sized you could use the "raw" or large granule sugars. Although, you may have to change the amount of food coloring you use.When it comes to making this I would recommend using the liquid food coloring. Like I said above, the gel leaves chunks of color in it and I don't like that.

Now, about the new posting style. I realize now that I will have to make the text bigger or find a way to make the center of the blog larger to show the whole picture when I make them bigger. But for now, if you can't read something you can always click on the picture to make it bigger. Let me know what you think. Out with the old ... or ,,, in with the new?




Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...