Monday, August 16, 2010

Make It Mondays ~ Baked Tortilla Chips

This week are making tortilla chips. I am sure at some point everyone has made some version of them before. I normally fry mine in a little grease, but I never get consistent result because the grease gets to hot or not hot enough and well... you know the drill. So when I found out you could BAKE them I had an "Oh yeah" moment. So here we are ...




What you need:

Corn tortillas

Cooking oil

Salt or seasoning of choice

Pastry brush

Parchment paper

Baking sheet


What to do:

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees




bake the second side for 5-7 mins not 3. sorry

Remove from baking sheet and let them cool. They are best if eaten the same day. If not, store in a air tight container.



Photobucket


recipe from Savory Sweet Life

4 comments:

DODO said...

wow....thats whats up...I mite use this since they sell more so AIR in the tortilla chips bags...Thanks Nicole! -DODO

Anonymous said...

wow thats amazing! I have to try that! thanks sis for the great recipe

dodo said...

wow!! Thats dope condsidering they sell more AIR than chips in the bags..This will come in handy with my salsa...thanks nicole

DODO

Nicole ~ The Diva said...

Thanks and I am glad you both like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...