Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Hat from HELL that is OH So Cute!

Let me start by saying that this DARN hat put me through the ringer!





I do not know if it was because I am still new to knitting or it was just hard but...
BOY, DID I STRUGGLE!

I did make a few mods to the pattern based on other Raver's complaints about the pattern. I shorten and widen the crown of the hat. The one thing I struggled the most with the STUPID cast on. It was a top down hat that required me to use DPNs and a whole bunch of increases. There was no explanation and the tutorials online were not helpful at all. So I had to go to a LYS to get some help.


All in all, I got it done and it came out pretty good. I doubt that I will make this again but who knows.

Nicole

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...